The Georgia Tutoring Association (GaTA) welcomes applications for the second annual Peer Tutor of the Year (TOY) Award.
The winner of this award will receive $100 to use for educational expenses and will be spotlighted here on the GaTA website. The TOY Award will be presented during the annual GaTA conference in October. This award is meant to encourage scholarship and professional development among peer tutors at Georgia colleges and universities.
- Currently be a peer tutor at a Georgia college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Present the submitted presentation at the GaTA conference
*Submission Period: July 1, 2019 – September 27, 2019*
To apply for this award, please submit the following:
- A cover page with name and contact information, institution, supervisor’s name and contact information, and title of presentation
- Presentation materials, which may include, but are not limited to: Prezi slides, a PowerPoint presentation, photos, and handouts
- A 250-word abstract describing your presentation
Submissions will go through a blind review. Restrict identifying information to your cover page. DO NOT INCLUDE IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ON YOUR PRESENTATION MATERIALS.
Send submissions to GaTA Vice President Theo Tate at email@example.com.