The Georgia Tutoring Association (GaTA) is currently welcoming nominations for the 2021 Peer Tutor of the Year (TOY) Award.
The winner of this award will receive a prize of $250 to use for educational expenses and will be spotlighted here on the GaTA website. The TOY Award will be presented during the annual GaTA virtual Zoom conference on October 22nd. This award is meant to encourage scholarship and professional development among peer tutors at colleges and universities nationwide.
- Currently be a peer tutor at an accredited college or university with 1+ year of experience
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Present the submitted video at the GaTA conference
To nominate your Peer Tutor for this award, please submit the following:
- A 1-2 minute video of your nominee sharing their best practices, suggestions, or advice to other tutors
- A a 200-300 word statement that details the reasons your nominee should be considered for the 2021 Tutor of the Year (TOY) Award.
Unfortunately, the TOY nomination period closed on October 8, 2021 and candidates are now under review. If you have have not yet submitted your tutor’s 1-2 minute video, you must do so by Friday October 15.
Video files are best accepted as a GoogleDrive link but can also be sent to the following board members directly if you encounter tech issues: